Friday, January 12, 2007

Information : Part II

It was a hectic but a very good week for me :) Got two of my important projects completed in a week, 3 weeks before deadline, that makes road for me to travel to Taipei, over at our biggest client in Taiwan. I might move to Taipei next week and hope to see the tallest building of the world .... Taipei 101, and meet some of my friends.

Anyhow, I want to dedicate this blog as a sequel of my last blog "Information".

Gone are the days when the board decides that we should launch a product in India because it is a huge success in US. Gone arethe days when the meteorologist predicts rain or storm next week based on behaviour of birdsand animals and winds.....In todays world all the decision are based on information. But if we dont have that information then what ? Look for it :) Gather the information or have it gathered....else you are going to be turtle and this time rabbit wont sleep.

So the world is going to be with information gatherers and definitely information needs to be combined to make a story, meaningful story. So if someone can provide right information and also do a meaningful analysis then...you have a jackpot. There would be lot more factors to be a winner but atleast you are not a turtle.This would mean lots and lots of consultants, market research firms etc. Yes they would be in demand atleast inIndia, where we have a crunch of information and the market is huge. For example for software industry, we definitely need people who can make software's, but we need more people who can tell what software to make, for whom, when and where to make.

Well why I like this topic is because job is same :) Tell my clients that they have a problem, and they need information and they need to analyze the information and they need to implement something or change something. If they can do all these things, then I will be job less.

No comments: