Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Trip to Taiwan

After travelling continuously for 12 hours, I was again somewhere in Tokyo at a place commonly known as Nagoya Airport, but this time I am just transiting on my way to Tainan, a city located in southern part of Tawain, which separates, Nagoya with 3 hours of flight and 3 hours of drive.

Pilot anounced to fasten seat belts and after a while it was just few meters above sea level, it seemed like we are landing in the middle of the ocean. I thought after all its Japan anything is possible :) It was really an amazing view, it might be just my seat location whick resulted in the affect, but for a while it send jitters from the very thought that you are gonna land in the sea.
Soon I recognized the Nagoya airport, with a long open air, caged concourse, where you can sit for hours and enjoy the specular view of flights taking off and landing. I like Nagoya airport amongst other few asian airports for the fact that it has very good choice of food at the airport, from indian, thai, japanese to all american cuisines and that too cheap. You can get a good meal in 1000 yuan ie roughly 10 USD. The restrooms are impeccable with state of art technologies.
Let me list the the international airports I have visited and which one I like and why. So here goes the list
1) Chatrapati Shivaji - Mumbai
2) Indra Gandhi - Delhi Int
3) Chennai int
4) Changi Airport - Singapore
5) SFO - San Francisco, USA
6) JFK - New York, USA
7) Newark Liberty - Newark, USA
8) Dulles - Washington, USA
9) Swiss (I dont know whats the name of the airport)
10) Hong Kong
11) Incheon - Korea
13) Boston - USA
14) LAX - Los Angeles, USA
15) Nagoya - Japan
16) Chagni - Taiwan
17) Dallas Fort Worth - Dallas, USA
Particulalry I like Changi (Singapore) Airport, for the following reasons
1) Aesthetically well designed
2) Very good service.
3) Very Good transit hotels, but need to book atleast 2 weeks before
4) Best value for money for liquors and smokes
5) Free foot massagers located throughout the airport, so just relax
Other airport that I like is Nagoya - Japan, for the reasons mentioned before.As such American airports are not that well maintained, probably due to high high labour cost. In asian countries airports in general are well maintained atleast in developed asian countries, again probably due to low wages.
During the privatisation bids of Mumbai and Delhi, airports I was hoping that Changi Airport gets the contract :) Anyhow, I hope the new international airports at Mumbai and Delhi would be one of the best in the world, people can say that they want to transit via Indian airports, those are the best in Asia !!!
PS: Today I dont have time and also dont know how to include a graph or a chart. Your suggestions are welcome.

No comments: